Ayahuasca has become a trendy word in the last decade or so. It is a sacred medicine though is not given for any specific illnesses, and it has an uncanny way of detoxing the entire system, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Most people who trained properly in this realm usually went through a rigorous initiation of dieting a variety of different plants and trees to purify the system before being able to work with the sacred plants. This included ingesting the plants in isolation to begin a process of detoxification and self-mastery and once that became established the process of learning from the plants could start. Working with Ayahuasca helped me tremendously but the plant diets gave me a solid foundation to build on. There are so many plants for so many specific things, there is, for example, a plant that has a physical healing effect on a specific organ, and that very same plant can have an energetic quality also – let’s say a plant that works on the liver, where anger can be stored, can also bring up anger and help guide you to navigate it or discover the source of it rather than just being the anger.
Learn More About Ayahuasca, San Pedro and other Sacred Medicines
Ayahuasca is a psychoactive tea that is made up of two master plants: Ayahuasca vine and Chacruna leaves, both native to the Amazon Basin. When combined, they join forces to create one of the most powerful and transformational experiences on Earth. Used for thousands of years in spiritual, shamanic, and ceremonial contexts, Ayahuasca is known as the Grandmother, a Divine Feminine spirit that offers us intense healing, release, and new perspectives.
HEALING WITH AYAHUASCA CAN LOOK LIKE
- Releasing, clearing, purging, and cleansing
- Shifting perspectives and gaining new understanding
- Finding and healing root causes of symptoms and illness
- Remembering and reconnecting to your authentic self
- Feeling universal Oneness and unconditional love
- Traveling through layers of the self, questioning what is real and true
- Allowing space to feel repressed anger, grief, trauma, and pain
- Raising your vibration and awareness
- Unique experiences that are all your own
San Pedro or Huachuma is a psychoactive, mescaline-containing columnar cactus native to the Andes mountains. Records of its use in divination, spiritual, and shamanic practices by our ancestors date back thousands of years. While it is much lesser known than Grandmother Ayahuasca, Grandfather San Pedro is her perfect balancing counterpart, the Divine Masculine spirit known for heart opening, healing, and empowering everyone who is lucky enough to build a relationship with this beautiful medicine.
HEALING WITH SAN PEDRO CAN LOOK LIKE
- Increased feelings of empathy, compassion, and understanding
- Heart-opening and gaining wisdom to live your purpose
- Learning to be gentle and kind to yourself and others
- States of high energy, motivation, and stimulation
- A deep connection to self and loved ones
- Allowing space to feel repressed anger, grief, trauma, and pain
- Coming into alignment with your Highest Self and the highest good for all
- Taking back your power from the places you’ve lost it
- Empowering you to take action to make changes in your life
- The uniquely personal experience you need
Magic Mushrooms or The Sacred Children – as the well-known Mazatec healer Maria Sabina called them -have been widely recognized for their therapeutic use. The psychoactive ingredient found in these plants is Psilocybin. Although, mushrooms should not be considered as a drug or psychoactive substance, but rather as sacred beings or entities with whom reciprocal relationships are established. In the worldview of Mazatec peoples, the earth, the air, the mountains, the clouds, and the sacred mushrooms are entities endowed with life. A personality is attributed to the sacred mushrooms, with which it is possible to establish communication with the whole Creation through sacred and ritual language.
HEALING WITH THE SACRED CHILDREN CAN LOOK LIKE
- Feeling a kinship with all living things and Mother Earth
- Identifying unconscious negative thought patterns and consciously replacing them
- Feeling the beauties in the Creation, nature, and the whole Universe and being able to take part in it
- Helping identify one’s higher purpose in life
- Being able to unconditionally love, feel, laugh, and simply be
- Experiencing deeper dimensions of the Psyche
Changa is the smokeable form of Ayahuasca. The mixture most often comprises a blend of Psychotria viridis (aka Chacruna), which contains DMT, and Baniseriopsis Caapi, which contains a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAO-I). The effects of Changa come from the DMT contained within Chacruna. Rick Strassman popularised DMT as ‘The Spirit Molecule’, as it features many similar aspects of religious and spiritual experiences. It facilitates entering an internally generated world that did not depend on sensory experience. Within this world, users often have encounters with ‘entities’ from other realms after they have ‘broken through’.
HEALING WITH CHANGA CAN LOOK LIKE
- Going beyond the egoic consciousness
- Tapping into the transpersonal domain of the Self
- Revealing a different perspective on reality
- Draws a distinction between profane space and time, and sacred space and time.
- Highlights one’s shadow and the gift associated with it
5-MeO-DMT is a naturally occurring psychedelic substance of the tryptamine class. It is structurally related to DMT and 5-HO-DMT (bufotenine) and is reputed to produce the most powerful and intense psychedelic states within the entire class. It is distributed in a wide variety of plant species as well as in the venom of a single toad species (Bufo Alvarius). Experiencing 5-MeO-DMT is not linear. It is a ”Trans-rational” unfolding into the infinite, beyond the parameters of the rational and reasoning memory within what has been termed the ”Default Mode Network” of egoic consciousness.
HEALING WITH 5-MeO-DMT CAN LOOK LIKE
- Experiencing the ultimate reality
- Can temporarily eliminate the sense of ego and identity separating us from ”Non-Dual” or unitive truth
- ”Ego Reset” can be a reality with the 5-Meo-DMT, to let go of the egoic structure, in order to fully experience ego transcendence
- Bringing awareness to the flows of energies in the body
- Releasing blocked energies in the physical body
- Recalibrating the Nervous System
About the Plant Diet
In addition to all the sacred plants, mentioned above, we will be offering traditional shamanic diet plants that expand our awareness and enhance visionary perception. The magical world to which we are transported by plants is not accessible through the verbal rational mind but through dream language. Thus dreams act like doorways during a plant diet and connect us with the plant spirit. The plants are:
- Guayusa (Piper callosum) has the effect of giving lucid dreams (being aware that you are dreaming). With this plant, you may experience that the boundary between sleeping and being awake is far more fluid than you had anticipated.
- Ajo Sacha (Mansoa Alliacea) has the quality of unfolding and enhancing our senses. People report that their senses of sight, hearing, and smell become much sharper and gain the ability of an expanded affinity with the rainforest.
- Bobinsana (Calliandra angustifolia) has the quality of reinforcing a person’s spiritual connection to the natural world and invoking beautiful and vivid dreams.
- Huingo (Crescentia cujete L) enhances lucid dreaming. It generates a mellow dreaming state.
- Tobacco or Mapacho (Nicotiana rustica) does a powerful cleansing and it’s the best plant for grounding. It is considered a Master Plant, alongside Ayahuasca, San Pedro, and Coca. It is used in the form of tobacco juice fasting.
The plants can help in answering the most important human questions – ‘Who am I?’, ‘Why am I here?’ and ‘in what manner should I live?’. The insights received often concur with many ancient spiritual traditions – letting go of attachments and fears are the most common themes that are encountered and addressed. From those core understandings, we can often become aware of our addictions and unhealthy emotional patterns so we have the ability to choose differently in all aspects of life and relationships.